Sunday, December 18, 2011

Author's Reflection - Book released December 2011!

I realize that I may have disappointed a few of you who have been waiting for this book.  In a way, I disappointed myself a number of times during this process as I failed to meet deadlines.  On the other hand, everything has it's season. Most of the times we impose time limitations on ourselves to complete some task or the other, and usually something comes up that take us off course.  The important thing is getting back to our tasks and focusing on our dreams.

The process of getting this book out was daunting in many ways. A few people who I included in the narrative have since passed away, and a few important characters are ailing and going through tough times.  However, I finally stopped fixing and correcting...that could go on forever.  I just wanted to give my readers a book worthy of their time and money.  A book that would bring laughter and tears, triumphs and tragedies...a book about life. This book is pretty much self-published with the help of a generous organization that has really put up with me over the course of our business relationship.  I am happy to say that it is done! 

I feel that there is a whole lot  more I would have loved to share with you in this book, but time and circumstances would not allow it.  If I had taken the time to do add all the situations that rolled around my head, and sometimes just hit me suddenly and I remember. This is why my goal is to publish a second edition and release it along with Mangrove Roots Chronicles, Volume II...perhaps as a set.

Today is Sunday, December 18, 2011 (a couple days before my birthday), and I should see the first copy of the book sometime this week. Mangrove Roots Chronicls will hit the shelves for sure in this month.  I promise...no more corrections.

Kaya Aka Wanajiru Uhuru/the author

No comments:

Post a Comment